The Mahogany Bar is the oldest part of Wilton’s, built around 1725 as a public house, trading under many names over the years including The Albion Saloon and The Prince of Denmark. In 1828 it was luxuriously and elaborately refurbished with a magnificent mahogany bar and fittings which was unprecedented for a pub interior at that time and earned the nick-name that is still used today. Frequented by the sailing community, the bar's fame spread to every port across the globe and it was even claimed that visiting sailors may not have heard of St Paul's Cathedral but they knew exactly where to find The Mahogany Bar. Sadly, the famous fixtures and fittings of this remarkable bar have been stripped away over the years but the atmosphere lingers on.
The Mahogany Bar serves a carefully selected range of beer, wine and spirits, locally sourced where possible.
Please note, the bar is occasionally closed to the public, all planned closures can be seen here: wiltons.org.uk/whatsOn/closures
During the Chrysalis Club
& Capital Project Repairs
Monday – Saturday, 5pm – 11pm (excluding bank holidays)
Please note, the main bar is currently undergoing repairs as part of our Capital Project
building work, taking place July 2014 - autumn 2015. Although the main
bar is closed, a temporary bar has replaced it and the cocktail bar has
Refreshments will remain available throughout the duration of the works.
We look forward to autumn 2015 when our repairs are complete and we can reveal a fully repaired cabaret cocktail bar, visitor rooms and offer a delicious new selection of food from our newly-equipped kitchen.
Please email email@example.com
or call 020 7702 2789 (option 2) to find out more.
Many thanks for your understanding.
Free Wi-Fi is available, ask at the bar for the password.
Keep in touch via facebook