Update from 8th December 2021:
– You will be offered a full refund, should any performance be cancelled due to Covid-19.
– If you are showing Coronavirus symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate you should not attend the performance. You will have until 24 hours before a performance to return or exchange your tickets for these reasons.
– All tickets will be e-tickets. Please be ready to show these on your mobile phone or print them and bring them with you to Wilton’s. We are not posting any tickets, and you will not be able to collect tickets from the box office. Without proof of an e-ticket we will not be able to let you enter the performance.
– There are currently no restrictions on booking party size or limitations to households or bubbles (please note this may change). Tickets can be purchased online 24 hours a day, our Box Office is open for telephone sales Monday-Friday (exact opening times may change weekly and can be found here
). We are currently not open for in-person sales.
–Socially distanced seating is no longer required but we ask that you try and maintain social distancing when moving around the building and when queuing to take your seat.
– Drinks can be pre-ordered or purchased on the evening – information on how to pre-order your drinks will be sent to you with confirmation of your seat(s). We encourage all our audience members to pre-order drinks, which will then be ready for you to collect and enjoy on arrival.
Please note Wilton’s is currently cashless – we will be accepting card payment only if you have not pre-ordered your drinks.
– All visitors to the building will be requested to wear a face covering. Anyone refusing to comply will be turned away and no refunds will be given. It is now mandatory that all audience members wear a face covering at all times when in the theatre, and when moving round the building. You will not be required to wear face coverings when seated in the front of house areas. Members of staff will also be wearing face coverings.
– We ask anyone who is medically exempt from wearing a face-covering for health reasons to either carry the relevant medical identification or to wear a hidden disabilities lanyard to help staff identify you and your needs. This is not mandatory, but you may find it makes your visit smoother.
– If you have a disability please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and we can assist you with your visit.
– We will have several hand sanitiser stations throughout the venue. Please sanitise your hands on arrival to the venue, before entering the auditorium, and before and after using the toilet facilities.
– We have increased ventilation throughout the venue so please note it may be cool inside. Please do not close any windows in the venue or doors that have been safely held open.
– There will not be a cloakroom.
– We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place.
– If you develop symptoms of Coronavirus after visiting Wilton’s, you should self-isolate and get tested
as quickly as possible. If you then test positive, NHS Test and Trace will be in touch. Please follow any advice they may give you.
– If one of your fellow audience members tests positive for Coronavirus following a performance, you may receive a call from NHS Test and Trace, asking you to get tested or self-isolate. We ask that you follow any advice they may give you.
Update 22nd Dec:
Due to a Covid case within our company we had to cancel the performance of The Child in the Snow on Wednesday 22nd December at 19.30. If you had tickets for this performance you will have been contacted by a member of our team.